template


Wednesday, June 30, 2010

B-e-a-u-tiful Summer

Dare I say it? Summer has arrived for a few days at least. As soon as my eyes peeped open yesterday I was in a good mood. SUN! So I went and ripped the kiddies out of bed, tossed them in some shorts, and kicked them on to the patio. It was lovely. Even just our plain old cereal breakfast seemed better than normal.
i was spectacularly proud of myself; Our normal morning routine involves the kids vegging to cartons while I attempt to wake up on the right side of the bed (which takes awhile). So the fact that the tv didn't make an appearance until late afternoon when I desperatly needed a shower was a victory in my book.
I have been waiting like a kid counting down the days to christmas for our grass to grow. Let me tell you, a year and a half of a 1/4 acre of mud makes for one psychotic, dirt hating mama! Yesterday was the first day I actuall turned the babies loose on the beautiful, emerald green lawn! AAaahhh, satisfaction. Thank you to Mr. Craig Halstrom and Ricky (my super-men) for putting in so many drops of sweat and hours to make our mud bowl a back yard.
On a completly different note: I am pleasantly surprised by my self pedicure skills. In an effort to save money I have put the kaibosh on my much coveted bi-monthly pedicures. Seriously, I thought it was going to kill me. But it turns out you can do a pretty good job at home too! Now if only I could get Ricky to rub my feet...

Enjoy the sunshine girlfriends, we earned it this winter!

Ps: I have an urge to host a super frilly, garden tea party like girls party. Summer dresses, table lines and all. Any takers?

1 comment:

  1. oh, i (we?) will totally take you up on the girls' party. tell me the date and i'll make some fresh scones!! :)

    ReplyDelete